A Second Life.. because one simply isn't enough!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I stumbled upon Second Life when I was searching for a real life designer dress, for some reason or other it bought up a Second Life fashion feed and I was intrigued by this game that allowed it's members so much creativity! I spent a while browsing various Second Life blogs and finally a few days ago took the plunge and downloaded the viewer.

Upon loading I was initially overwhelmed, my walk was awkward at best and my avatar looked far from what I wanted. Still I knew from reading various blogs what I needed - an animation over-rider, a skin, hair and some clothes. It took me 6 hours and $7,000 lindens to get my avatar how I wanted but I knew it was all worth it when someone who noticed how old I was and didn't believe I was new.. kept saying I must be alt. So I figured I must have done something right ;) though really the credit goes out to all those wonderful people with the fashion blogs that helped me find the best shops.

In part that is why I have started this blog, like them, I want to give something back and record my travels along the way. It is not going to be a fashion blog because there are already so many goods ones out there and I'm a student so on a budget linden wise. Rather it will be a  mixture of places I visit, people I meet, random thoughts and musings..and occasionally some fashion. I really don't know what to expect from Second Life, but I sure how it will be one hell of an adventure!

xx

1 comments:

Strawberry Singh on March 8, 2011 at 5:21 AM said...

So glad to see you take the plunge! It's great to have you aboard and can't wait to see what creativeness you get into inworld.

Thanks for your email, your kind words and the link to my site, adding yours now! <3

Post a Comment

 

Blogger Template