Not so wintery today!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

It is winter here in Australia and simply too chilly and windy for the beach. So what to do, why head to a second life beach instead! After buying an attractive one-piece suit I made my way to Mojo Beach, recommended by the destination guide in game and fell in love with the place. Everyone knows us Aussies love the beach, but if this is what it always looked like I'd never leave!

As soon as I saw the surfboard on the sand I knew I had to give it a try. It was easy to control the board and for a while I was satisfied just bobbing in the water looking out at the waves breaking in the distance.



Finally I had enough of relaxing and decided to give it a try. To be honest it took me a little bit to get the hang of it but it was so much fun! Nothing like the rush you get from real surfing, but it was so nice feeling like I was at the beach again playing in the surf. As proof I took a pic that showed I managed to stand up on my board ^_^




Once I had enough of the water I decided to have a look around what else the beautiful island had to offer. To be honest I was suprised that there was no one else around, does SL have so many fantastic beaches that ones like these can go empty? It seems bizarre but to be honest I didn't mind it too much as I felt lucky to be able to explore without seeing high heeled 'bling' glittering women that would have spoiled the mood (I'm not sure what the term for them is, all I know is that they are annoying)



Walking along the beach I noticed someone had drawn a love heart in the sand, very sweet indeed and it reminded me of being a kid and writing various things in the sand,  or the initals of my latest crush. Further along I came acorss an empty lifeguard stand. Oh I was offended! No lifeguards on duty when I had been surfing, the nerve! Lucky I didn't need rescuing. Still, looking up at the high chair I could help but want to roleplay a bit of baywatch so I climbed up and got comfortable - lucky I didn't get in trouble.

I realised then that the sun had started to set, time had flown by so quickly on my little beach adventure. I decided I would watch in go down in style and found a comfy hammock high upon some palm trees - all that was missing was a fruity cocktail. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Mojo%20Beach/139/247/26

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger Template